Description of Services To Be Performed for Resume Packages:
• Resume development fees include creation of a customized questionnaire, review of supporting documentation, up to 45-minute scheduled consultation by phone (to include review of information and discussion of job search strategy), and up to two drafts of document before completion. Finalized files will be provided in Microsoft Word 2013 format.
• All writing projects include preparation of an initial draft and one round of revisions.
• Resume editing services include reviewing, proofreading, modifying, and making minor changes to a Resume. It does not include rewriting, reformatting, or revamping a Resume.
• LinkedIn profile development fees include creation of custom Headline and Summary content from client-supplied Resume and supporting documentation and completion of questionnaire form OR 30-minute phone consultation. Content will be provided through a LinkedIn Delivery Document, which includes basic instructions for client to upload content to his or her LinkedIn account. Under no circumstances will DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS require access to client’s LinkedIn account username or password. Includes up to two drafts of documents before finalization
Note: This fee quote is based on information provided to DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS. An adjustment to the actual cost will be made if the scope of the project varies significantly from the information this estimate was based on. All services are based on a $50/hour charge, billed in quarter-hour increments.
Payment Terms and Conditions:
• Payment is due in full prior to services being rendered. DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS will not provide any service without payment of fees in full.
• Payment may be made by check (payable to DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS), debit or credit card, or PayPal. Check payments must clear before services will be provided. Client agrees to pay an additional fee of $30 US on all returned checks, plus legal and collection fees.
Expectations of Each Party:
• Client agrees to pay all fees associated with requested work and participate fully in the information-gathering process for creating career documents — including, but not limited to, answering questions, providing copies of previous career marketing documents, providing links to job postings for the career target identified as the focus of the job search, and giving as much information as possible in order to create interview-winning career marketing documents.
• Client agrees to complete a custom questionnaire thoroughly and accurately, to the best of his/her ability. While a telephone consultation is available to clarify issues not fully explained in the questionnaire, client agrees not to use this as a substitute for completing the questionnaire.
• DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS will not be responsible for missed deadlines if client is late in providing information or does not approve of work in a timely manner at any stage of the process Client must review all career documents for accuracy (including errors and missing or incomplete content) and respond by email with any changes or corrections (or approval to finalize) within seven days of receipt of the draft documents. If changes are indicated, DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS will provide one additional draft of the document for client review and approval. Approval of the second draft is required within 3 days of draft delivery. If corrections or approval are not provided within the timeline specified, it is assumed the documents are acceptable and the project will be finalized. Additional or new information introduced after work has started will generate additional fees for consultation and writing services at the rate of $60/hour, billed in quarter-hour increments and due prior to draft delivery.
• Client will receive draft documents and proofreading instructions via email. Client must check all data for accuracy and completeness, including job titles, descriptions, accomplishments, dates of employment, and correct spellings. If corrections are requested, client must forward them via email in the timeframe specified on the proofreading instructions form.
• DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS uses email to ensure accuracy in communicating changes and approval for client documents. Please respond to draft delivery within 5 days via email to indicate any changes or corrections necessary, or to indicate approval of documents.
• Requests for changes, corrections, or revisions after project is finalized will be subject to additional charges at the rate of $60/hour, billable in quarter-hour increments.
Timelines and Project Finalization:
• Unless other arrangements are made, document drafts are provided within 7-10 days from when the client information is received (phone consultation completed or completed questionnaire received from client). Client is responsible for notifying DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS if the draft documents are not received by the expected delivery date.
• Normal turnaround for projects is 7-10 days. Rush service is available at an additional $75.00 premium. Please provide 24 hours notice for any consultations that need to be rescheduled.
• If the project has not been finalized 14 days from the date of this agreement, the project will be considered complete and the client will forfeit the rights to any services not used.
• After 14 days, all projects will be considered approved and complete, and additional work will be billed at the rate of $60/hr.
• Changes after finalization — including client’s discretionary revisions — are subject to additional charges at DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS’s current hourly rate, billed in quarter-hour increments.
• I understand that DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS will work with me in good faith to compose and design exceptional career marketing materials based on the data I provide.
• I understand that the documents composed by DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS must be marketed properly to produce interviews, and that no guarantee of interviews, job offers, or employment is made when utilizing the services of DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS. Client accepts full responsibility for the outcome of any job search campaign and agrees to not hold DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS responsible for lack of interviews or job offers, failure to obtain employment, or any other related outcomes.
• Client success is directly dependent on the effort, commitment, and diligence employed using the new career document and a variety of job search strategies (applying for advertised positions, networking, social media search, direct contact with potential employers, etc.). Outcomes are affected by many external variables, including market volatility, local and national economies, market saturation for a particular industry, and client’s level of experience, skills, and education.
Client Assurance of Accuracy of Information Provided:
• DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS is not responsible for errors on client originals or for errors after proofreading and approval by the client.
• DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS is not liable for any injury or damage caused by client omissions, false statements, or other inaccuracies, and will not be responsible for any monetary compensation or attorney fees if a legal dispute arises.
• Under no circumstances will DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages that result from the use of — or the inability to use — documents provided by DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS.
• Client represents and warrants that he or she owns or otherwise controls all of the rights to the content supplied to DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS that the content is accurate; that he/she is authorized to use the content supplied and that DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS is indemnified for all claims resulting from content supplied by the client.
• Client authorizes DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS to use any work created on his/her behalf in publications, books, websites, and/or lectures provided that client information (including names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses) is changed to protect client identity.
• Client grants permission to DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS to use the content of client’s career marketing documents to be published in articles, columns, books, industry-related publications, and/or training materials at the discretion of DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS. All client-identifying data (name, address, city, email address, phone numbers) will be removed or fictionalized to protect client identify.
• Client acknowledges that career documents are considered work-for-hire under the United States Copyright Act of 1976. All concepts, ideas, copy, sketches, artwork, electronic files, and other materials are the property of DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS
• Client agrees that the documents created by DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS will be used for the sole purpose of seeking/soliciting jobs and/or interviews and for any other purposes expressly authorized by DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS. Client may not sell, post, publicly review, or otherwise utilize the documents unless authorized in writing by DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS.
• All materials, information, documents, and resources provided to the client in the process of completing the project remain the property of DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS. Client is granted a revocable license to use career marketing documents; however, DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS retains copyright and holds intellectual property rights for materials created. This license does not permit client to allow a third party to utilize any of the materials or products developed by DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS.
• Information gathered from the client during the document creation process will be kept confidential. DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS agrees not to disclose client’s confidential information to anyone or use it in any way other than for the purpose of performing services for the client, with the exception that DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS disclose confidential information if ordered to do by a court of law.
• All work to be completed in a timely manner subject to acts of God, mechanical failure, or other circumstances beyond the control of DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS.
• DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS is not responsible for technical difficulties related to receiving or transmitting information, including, but not limited to, file compatibility issues or email difficulties.
• DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS is not responsible for technical, hardware, and/or software failures of any kind nor for any issues resulting from same.
• DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS provides client files in Microsoft Word 2013 and Adobe Acrobat PDF formats and does not guarantee documents will retain all of their original, intended formatting and features on client equipment. DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS cannot provide technical support for document formatting or other file compatibility issues due to the wide variety of computer software and hardware available for client use.
• Fees for consultation, information-gathering, and preparation of career documents are non-refundable, as DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS provides custom services for each client.
• Services include client consultation and/or coaching, writing and editorial services, design, layout, editing and proofreading, and finalization. Services rendered are neither cancelable nor refundable.
• By signing this form, client acknowledges that fees are for services and, as such, are neither cancelable nor refundable. Client understands that by signing this agreement, he/she authorizes DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS to provide the services stated above.
• Any deposits made are non-refundable, as they cover the development of customized questionnaires, interview questions, or other services.
• Once client has paid for services and received the customized questionnaire, no refunds are available. A pro-rated refund may be available (at the discretion of DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS) if a refund is requested prior to delivery of custom questionnaire.
• Services may be cancelled within 24 hours after completion of information-gathering phone consultation or return of completed questionnaire; however, cancellations are subject to a $60 service fee.
• DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS is under no legal obligation to refund the purchase price of any service under any circumstance. However, DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS will seek to satisfy every client in a reasonable manner.
Other issues to address:
• DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS reserves the right to refuse service, terminate a client relationship, or otherwise cancel orders in their sole discretion.
• In the event of any legal action, the laws of South Carolina will apply, and only the courts located in South Carolina will have jurisdiction over the parties to this agreement.
Client agrees to order the work as described in this agreement and agrees to pay the total of the fees for the services ordered. Further, client authorizes DIY CAREER DOCUMENTS to charge his/her credit card account for services indicated and this transaction shall be fully binding whether processed through online shopping cart, by phone, or PayPal. Client further declares that he/she has read, understands, and accepts the terms and conditions in this agreement.